F-1, F-2 or J-2 International students with at least a 50% Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA), Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) or Graduate Assistant (GA) payroll appointment, click here for activation information and information about adding dependents. 


All other F-1, F-2 or J-2 international students can activate their KU UnitedHealthcare StudentResources (UHCSR) International Basic (2020-471-04) health insurance plan by taking the following steps: 

  • Click on the “Opt-in” tab in the initial insurance waiver email from ECI Services.





Open enrollment to add a dependent to your spring 2021 KU UHCSR Insurance plan is December 1, 2020 – January 31, 2021.  UHCSR must receive payment for the dependent insurance before activating the dependent insurance.

F-1, F-2 or J-1 International Students with at least 50% GTA, GRA, and/or GA appointment click here for information about adding dependents.

All other F-1, F-2 or J-2 international students should take the following steps:

Step 1:  Request a control number from UHCSR  at www.uhcsr.com/control by clicking on “NOTIFY ME”.

Step 2: Submit request to ECI Services to activate your KU UHCSR health insurance plan. (See info above)

Step 3: Login or Create your UHCSR “My Account” to add dependents. 


Find us on Facebook
follow us on Twitter

KU Today
One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
5th nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets: Colleges," Military Times