Change of Degree Level

Student must gain admission into the new academic program. Note: J-1's can only progress to a higher degree (PhD to Masters is not possible). Appropriate proof of finances for the entire program must also be submitted along with the application for the new degree before a new DS-2019 for change in education level is issued. ISS strongly recommends that this process be completed early so a new DS-2019 can be issued prior to the beginning of the appropriate semester.