Register for International Student Orientation (ISO)
Spring 2023 Orientation
- Arrival date: January 9, 2023. You must arrive in Lawrence Kansas by this date and complete your International Student Orientation.
- Graduate Students with an assistantship needing to apply for Social Security Number should arrive no later than January 5, 2023 to avoid first pay check delay.
- Classes begin: January 17, 2023.
All new international students are required to participate in International Student Orientation the semester they are admitted to KU. This orientation program will begin before you arrive in the United States with online programs and continue once you arrive in person. This will be a fun and exciting time to start your academic career at the University of Kansas. Welcome.
One to three months before your arrival date at KU, you will receive an email from ISS with instructions to log in to iHawk. In iHawk, you will complete the required e-forms to register for the International Student Orientation and begin uploading documents for your ISS Check-in process.
How to Register
- After receiving the registration email from ISS, go to iHawk.
- Click on the blue LOGIN button.
- Log in with your KU Online ID.
- Having iHawk login problems?
- Click on iHawk basics for more information on using iHawk.
- Start with "Getting Started".
- Once your "Basic Information" e-form is complete, proceed to the "Orientation" tab.
- Submit the "Orientation Registration" e-form. You should do this as soon as possible.
- Complete the e-forms on the ISS Check-in tab.
*Readmitted students are exempt from ISO. However, they are still required to complete check-ins with ISS and Watkins Health Services. New graduate students not in F-1 or J-1 status may request to be waived from the ISO requirement by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. They are also required to complete check-ins with ISS and Watkins Health Services.