International Support Services is devoted to providing our sponsored students the resources they need for success.
The sponsored program coordinator works with each sponsored student to promote a successful, smooth and fulfilling experience at KU. Advising and assistance cover topics such as:
- Requirements, terms and expectations of the sponsorship.
- Documentation required by the sponsor, including transcripts, progress reports, special letters, and health insurance waivers (if qualified).
- Course registration and collaboration with academic units.
- Utilizing campus resources, including the Applied English Center, International Student Services, Watkins Health Center, Registrar’s Office, Student Account Services, Counseling and Psychological Services, University Career Center and academic departments.
- Identifying community service and internship opportunities.