Waiver minimum requirements
2022 / 2023 Insurance Requirements
If all the insurance requirements are not specified in your summary of benefits, additional documentation will be required.
- Unlimited Maximum Benefit for covered medical expenses.
- Coverage for essential benefits (with no dollar limits), as defined under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. This includes:
- mental health services
- maternity benefits
- preventive care, and coverage for pre-existing conditions
- pediatric dental and vision coverage
- A policy year deductible of $500 or less.
- Maximum total out-of-pocket expenses cannot exceed $8,200 per member ($16,400 per family) with preferred providers. Deductibles, coinsurance, and copays all count toward the out-of-pocket maximum.)
- A minimum of 75% coinsurance payable by the insurance plan to network providers.
- Plan is not a Travel plan or for Emergency/urgent care only.
- At least $100,000 in coverage for repatriation and medical evacuation.
- Coverage includes effective dates spanning the entire period for which the waiver is requested.
- Fall - 08/01/2022 through 12/31/2022
- Spring - 01/01/2023 through 05/31/2023
- Summer - 06/01/2023 through 07/31/2023
- Plan document(s) in English, with currency amounts converted to U.S. dollars, and the insurance company contact phone # in the U.S.
- Insurer has a base of operations in the US or has a US based claims payer.
- Insurer is authorized to do business in Kansas and is providing coverage under a health insurance policy that has been filed and approved by the Kansas Department of Insurance.
- Coverage is provided by an employer’s group plan which is compliant with items 1-11 or is backed by the full faith and credit of the student’s home government.