If proof of adequate insurance coverage is provided on or before the insurance deadline (the first day of classes), a waiver will be granted, and the insurance fee will be removed from your Enroll & Pay account.
If you have adequate insurance coverage from another provider, and you would like a waiver, you must provide ISS with the completed waiver form, as well as your insurance plan’s benefits summary, and a copy of your insurance identification card. The benefits summary must state that all the minimum requirements are met by the alternative plan.
The process of reviewing your waiver and removing your insurance charge can take up to seven days. If additional information is required by the Insurance Coordinator, she will contact you at your KU email address. If your waiver has been accepted, you will no longer be charged for insurance on your Enroll & Pay account, and you will be notified at your KU email address.
Alternate Coverage - Students with pre-existing insurance
If you do not want the UnitedHealthcare StudentResources insurance plan, you must do the following:
- Download a waiver form, or pick one up from the ISS Office (Strong Hall, Room2).
- Complete the waiver form, including all the information requested in Section B.
- Attach a copy of your insurance plan’s benefits summary (in English only) to the waiver.
- Provide a copy of your insurance card (front and back).
- Fax, mail, or hand-deliver all your documents to the Insurance Coordinator:
International Student Services
1450 Jayhawk Blvd., Strong Hall, Room 2
Permanent Resident, U.S. Citizen and Non-Immigrants other than F-1, J-1 and J-2
If you are a permanent resident, U.S. citizen or currently in any non-immigrant classification other than F-1, J-1 or J-2 (i.e H-1, L-2, TN etc.), you are not required to show proof of insurance, and you do not need to complete a waiver form.