Important Updates from ISS
Proposed Regulation on Duration of Status
On September 25, 2020 the US Department of Homeland Security proposed regulation that could impact our international student, staff, and faculty population.
KU ISS Town Hall session about Proposed Rule
Oct 2, 2020
Delivery of Services
KU Closure and ISS Hours during Break
- The University of Kansas will be closed December 23, 2020 through January 3, 2021. ISS will also be closed both physically and virtually.
- Most KU buildings will be closed to the public November 30, 2020 through January 30, 2021. Strong Hall will be locked so our physical office will be closed during this time. However, we will remain open virtually 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday during this time. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 785-864-3617.
Limited Physical Office Hours
Starting Monday, October 19, ISS will only be physically open 2 afternoons a week, 1:30pm – 4:30pm Monday and Thursday for:
- helping new students answer questions;
- dropping-off and picking up of documents, and;
- urgent issues requiring immediate support.
Virtual Office Hours
International Support Services is working remotely and is open virtually 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday.
Virtual Drop-In Advising
Virtual "Drop-In" advising sessions are available Monday through Friday 1:30pm to 4:00pm. These virtual drop-in sessions are only for:
- General and specific questions (for students and scholars)
- Processing of reduced course load requests (electronically signed I-20s).
All other processes require a virtual appointment. To request a virtual drop-in, click the button below and provide your full name and the purpose of your “drop-in” request.
Virtual phone or Zoom appointments are offered 9:00-11:30am Tuesday-Friday and 1:30-4:00pm Monday-Friday. In-person appointments are not an option because of COVID.
Call ISS at (785) 864-3617 to set up an appointment.
Fall 2020 semester & COVID 19
As we prepare for the Fall 2020 semester please check the following sites frequently. As we get answers from government agencies about border closures, visa services, and how COVID-19 will impact class enrollment we will update the following pages.
KU International Affairs Town Hall session
July 16, 2020