KU students on (or pending) Optional Practical Training (F-1 OPT) / Academic Training (J-1 AT) who are not enrolling in KU classes, are eligible to continue their UHC UnitedHealthcare StudentResources (UHCSR) insurance. If you are remaining in the USA, we highly recommends you have health insurance, as paying for medical treatment in the USA is very expensive. To enroll in United Healthcare insurance, please click on the links below to complete the online enrollment form. Once you complete and submit the enrollment form your eligibility will be verified by International Support Services.

Within 3-5 business days, you will receive a payment link and will be able to pay via credit card.

For additional information about the insurance policy please read the United Healthcare brochure.



Please be advised that students in J immigration status are required to stay continually enrolled in health insurance for themselves and their dependents for the entirety of their stay in the United States.

*If you are F-1, F-2 or J-1, enrolling in KU classes (even online classes), you receive the insurance automatically, and the charge for insurance goes on your Enroll and Pay account, you do not need to submit the online enrollment form to enroll in the KU UHCSR health insurance plan . Email issinsurance@ku.edu, if you end up enrolling in KU classes after you submit the online enrollment form, as you will be charged again for insurance.


Find us on Facebook
follow us on Twitter

KU Today
One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
5th nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets: Colleges," Military Times