Applied English Center Hold

All international students (regardless of country of origin) must have their English proficiency evaluated by the AEC. Bring your original TOEFL, IELTS scores, or an original diploma from an English-based institution, if you have them. If testing is required, you must register for the test by 3 p.m. the business day before a test date. You need to be in the U.S. for 24 hours before you can take the AEC test. It may take up to two weekdays to getyour test results.

For more details about requirements, please see information for undergraduate students, and information for graduate students.

Find more information about the Applied English Center check-in.

Sending Your Proficiency Scores to KU

If you have taken the TOEFL or IELTS test, you must have your scores sent directly from the TOEFL or IELTS institution to the University of Kansas prior to your arrival.


Find us on Facebook
follow us on Twitter

KU Today
One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
5th nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets: Colleges," Military Times