Optional Insurance for Summer 2022
DEADLINE: to have the Summer 2022 KU United Healthcare insurance activated by June 1, 2022 is May 19, 2022.
To be eligible to purchase the optional summer insurance you must meet one of the following:
- You were enrolled in KU classes in the previous spring semester and had the KU UHC insurance, and are not enrolling in summer classes.
- You had the GTA/GRA/GA insurance plan in SPRING, will have a 50% GTA/GRA/GA payroll appointment for four consecutive weeks during SUMMER (June 1-July 31.) and are not enrolling in summer KU classes. *Do not do this form if you are enrolling in Summer KU Classes, you will automatically be enrolled in summer insurance. If you had the GTA/GRA/GA insurance plan in Spring and DO NOT have a summer GTA/GRA/GA appointment, go to the HR Benefits page and request "Continuation Insurance".
To enroll in the Summer 2022 KU UHC insurance plan, you will need to submit the “Summer - Request Optional Insurance ” e-form at iHawk Services Login by May 19, 2022 for coverage to begin on June 1, 2022. (Note: After ISS submits your request to UHC to activate your Summer 2022 insurance plan, students enrolling in the International Basic health insurance will submit the insurance premium payment directly to UHC. Your insurance will not be activated until you pay.)
- Log into https://ihawk.ku.edu, with your KU online ID and password.
- Click on the “Insurance and Finances” Tab.
- Click on “Student Health Insurance”.
- And then click on “Summer - Request Optional Insurance Coverage through KU” e-form. Only do this form if you are not enrolling in KU Summer classes and are in the USA.
- Once you submit the online form, the ISS Insurance Team will review your request and, if you are eligible for this insurance coverage, your insurance enrollment will be sent to the UHC insurance company.
- Students enrolling in the GTA/GRA/GA health insurance plan will have the insurance fee assessed on their student account. To activate the GTA/GRA/GA health insurance plan students need to go to United Healthcare Online Enrollment and click on the “Enrollment Form” link at the bottom of the webpage.
- UHC will send you a link to pay for optional insurance with a credit card to students enrolling in the International Basic health insurance plan.
- The payment link for the International Basic health insurance plan will only be active for 5 days.
- Once payment has been received by UHC, the insurance plan will be activated.
- The cost for Summer 2022 insurance is $411.
DEADLINE TO HAVE THE SUMMER 2021 KU UHC INSURANCE ACTIVATED BY JUNE 1, 2022 IS MAY 19, 2022.
Note: Open enrollment to add a dependent to your Summer 2022 KU UHC Insurance plan is June 1, 2022 through June 30, 2022. UHC must receive payment for the dependent insurance before activating the dependent insurance.