Optional Insurance - Summer
Optional Insurance for Summer 2021
Note: To be eligible to purchase the optional summer 2021 insurance you must meet one of the following:
- You were enrolled in KU classes in the spring 2021 semester and had the KU UHC insurance, and are not enrolling in summer 2021 classes.
- You had the GTA insurance plan in SPRING, will have a 50% GTA payroll appointment for four consecutive weeks during SUMMER (June 1-July 31.) and are not enrolling in summer KU classes. *Do not do this form if you are enrolling in Summer KU Classes, you will automatically be enrolled in summer insurance. If you had the GTA/GRA/GA insurance plan in Spring and DO NOT have a summer GTA/GRA/GA appointment, go to the HR Benefits page and request "Continuation Insurance".
To enroll in the Summer 2021 KU UHC insurance plan, you will need to submit the “Summer - Request Optional Insurance ” e-form at iHawk Services Login by May 19, 2021 for coverage to begin on June 1, 2021. (Note: After ISS submits your request to UHC to activate your Summer 2021 insurance plan, students enrolling in the International Basic health insurance will submit the insurance premium payment directly to UHC. Your insurance will not be activated until you pay.)
- Log into https://ihawk.ku.edu, with your KU online ID and password.
- Click on the “Insurance and Finances” Tab.
- Click on “Student Health Insurance”.
- And then click on “Summer - Request Optional Insurance Coverage through KU” e-form. Only do this form if you are not enrolling in KU Summer classes and are in the USA.
- Once you submit the online form, the ISS Insurance Team will review your request and, if you are eligible for this insurance coverage, your insurance enrollment will be sent to the UHC insurance company.
- UHC will send you a link to pay for optional insurance with a credit card to students enrolling in the International Basic health insurance plan. (The insurance premium for the students enrolling in the GTA/GRA/GA health insurance plan will be assessed to the student’s Enroll and Pay account.)
- The International Basic payment link will only be active for 5 days.
- Once payment has been received by UHC, the insurance plan will be activated.
- The cost for Summer 2021 insurance is $378.
DEADLINE TO HAVE THE SUMMER 2021 KU UHC INSURANCE ACTIVATED BY JUNE 1, 2021 IS MAY 19, 2021.
Note: Open enrollment to add a dependent to your Summer 2021 KU UHC Insurance plan is May 1, 2021 – June 30, 2021. Students must pay their insurance premium via the payment link sent by UHCSR to them and then log into their UHCSR “MyAccount” to add their dependents during the open enrollment period.