Note: To be eligible to purchase the optional fall 2018 insurance you must meet one of the following:
- You are a F-1 student on Optional Practical Training (OPT) or a J-1 student on Academic Training (AT). *Do not do this form if you are enrolling in fall KU classes.
- You are an HCED or MOHESR sponsored student with dependents in the US, regardless if you are enrolling in KU classes, and your Sponsor has indicated they will pay for your dependent’s insurance. You will not receive the payment link described below. (If your sponsor has indicated they will not pay for the fall insurance for you or your dependents, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.)
To enroll in the Fall 2018 KU UHC insurance plan, you will need to submit the “Fall - Request Optional Insurance ” e-form at iHawk Services Login by the "early-bird" processing deadline of July 18, 2018 for coverage to begin on August 1, 2018. (Note: After ISS submits your request to UHC to activate your Fall 2018 insurance plan, you will submit your insurance premium payment directly to UHC. Your insurance will not be activated until you pay.)
- Log into https://ihawk.ku.edu, with your KU online ID and password.
- Click on the “Insurance and Finances” Tab.
- Click on “Student Health Insurance”.
- And then click on “Fall - Request Optional Insurance Coverage through KU” e-form. Only do this form if you are not enrolling in KU fall classes and are in the USA.
- Once you submit the online form, the ISS Insurance Team will review your request and, if you are eligible for this insurance coverage, your insurance enrollment will be sent to the UHC insurance company.
- UHC will send you a link to pay for optional insurance with a credit card.
- The payment link will only be active for 5 days.
- Once payment has been received by UHC, the insurance plan will be activated.
- The cost for Fall insurance is $709, Spring 2019 is $709, and Summer 2019 is $284. NOTE: KU insurance policy dates for Spring are January 1-May 31, Summer are June 1-July 31, and for Fall are August 1-December 31. See Insurance Rates and Dependent Options for costs.
"EARLY-BIRD" DEADLINE TO HAVE THE FALL 2018 KU UHC INSURANCE ACTIVATED BY AUGUST 1, 2018 IS JULY 18, 2018.
Note: Open enrollment to add a dependent to your Fall 2018 KU UHC Insurance plan is July 1, 2018 – August 31, 2018. UHC must receive payment for the dependent insurance before activating the dependent insurance. ISS MUST receive the “Fall – Request for Optional Insurance Coverage through KU" by August 30, 2018 to process your request prior to the end of the open enrollment period.
Students who are planning to complete all degree requirements and will be graduating in Fall 2018, but will not enroll in fall classes may be eligible to enroll in the Fall 2018 KU UnitedHealthcare StudentResources (UHCSR) international student insurance plan. To enroll in the Fall 2018 KU UHCSR insurance plan, UHCSR must receive an enrollment request during the insurance open enrollment period (July 1, 2018 – August 31, 2018). For more information about enrolling in the Fall 2018 KU UHCSR insurance plan, please email the ISS Insurance Team at email@example.com.