Troubleshooting iHawk Login Issues (for students)
An issue may affect users with certain browser settings when they try to log into iHawk. Typically, the user enters their KU online ID and password on the iHawk Login page but the Login page either simply reloads with blank fields or the user gets an error message despite entering correct login credentials. To resolve this issue, please try the following:
- Clear all the cookies/cache/history/saved iHawk passwords in the browser you are using to access iHawk and also make sure the browser is configured to accept cookies. (See the detailed instructions on how to set up popular browsers to work with iHawk. This should be a browser that you don't use regularly to log into other websites with saved login credentials. If you need help on clearing your browser cookies/cache/history/saved iHawk passwords, you can get in touch with the IT Customer Service Center (785) 864-8080 and they can walk you through it.)
- Close the browser, reopen the iHawk page and try logging in again using the blue login button.
NOTE: To eliminate the browser history as a factor without clearing it in your settings, you can try opening a new private / incognito window in any browser, then go to the iHawk page, click on the blue LOGIN button, and type in your KU online ID and password.
- If you get an error, please send the error ID or a screenshot of the error page to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are able to log into iHawk this way, it means that you need to clear more of your browser history to be able to log in when not using a private browsing / incognito window. In this case, you may want to use a browser that you don't use regularly and set it up to clear all history on exit; then it will work with iHawk.
Finally, in order to reduce the likelihood of similar issues affecting you in the future when working with iHawk, we recommend the following practices:
- Always log out of the iHawk system after you are done working.
- Configure the browser to automatically clear cookies/cache/history upon closing. See the detailed instructions for setting up your browser to work with iHawk.
Other Common iHawk Login Issues
- If the cookies/cache/saved passwords are cleared, or if you used a private browsing / incognito window, but you are still getting an error, it might be that your password has expired. Please try logging into myKU portal with the same KU online ID and password. If you can do it, then please change your password and try to access iHawk again.
- If you can't log into myKU portal, and your KU online ID is correct, the password you are trying is invalid. If you forgot your password, try to reset it by answering your challenge questions.
If you have trouble resetting your password (for example, because you forgot answers to your challenge questions), you should get in touch with IT Customer Support Center as only they are able to help you. Their contact information is as follows:
If you are still having trouble logging into iHawk after trying the above steps, please send an email to email@example.com and include a description of the problem and a screenshot of the error page.