One to three months before your arrival date at KU, you will receive an email from ISS with instructions to log in to iHawk. In iHawk, you will complete the required e-forms to register for the International Student Orientation and begin uploading documents for your ISS Check-in process.
Register for the International Student Orientation
All new international students are required to register for and participate in International Student Orientation.*
- After receiving the registration email from ISS, go to iHawk.
- Click on the blue LOGIN button.
- Log in with your KU Online ID.
- Start with "Getting Started".
- Once your "Basic Information" e-form is complete, proceed to the "Orientation" tab.
- Submit the "Orientation Registration" e-form. You should do this as soon as possible. Select your start term above for more detailed information about your registration options and benefits.
- Complete the e-forms on the ISS Check-in tab.
- Activate your KU Online ID
- Log into iHawk with your KU Online ID
- Tabs, e-forms, Checklists
Tabs : After you login to iHawk, you will automatically be on the tab where you need to begin. For most students, you will start on the ‘Get Started’ tab. After you finish with ‘Get Started’ you will complete the tabs ‘Orientation’ and ‘ISS Check-In’. The ‘Completed’ tab will show you your progress.
e-forms: e-forms are the electronic forms that you must complete to provide ISS with your information or requests. Some forms are required. Some forms are optional. Some forms will only open after you complete other forms. Look at the icon next to the form to see if it is required for you.
Checklist : A checklist is a group of e-forms. You must complete all of the e-forms in a checklist that are required for you, and any optional e-form(s) that may apply to your situation. You must complete all forms that are required for you before you will be able to enroll in classes.
*Readmitted students are exempt from ISO. However, they are still required to complete check-ins with ISS and Watkins Health Services. New graduate students not in F-1 or J-1 status may request to be waived from the ISO requirement by emailing email@example.com. They are also required to complete check-ins with ISS and Watkins Health Services.