One to three months before your arrival date at KU, you will receive an email from ISS with instructions to log in to iHawk. In iHawk, you will complete the required e-forms to register for the International Student Orientation and begin uploading documents for your ISS Check-in process.
Register for the International Student Orientation
All new international students are required to register for and participate in International Student Orientation.*
- After receiving the registration email from ISS, go to iHawk.
- Click on the blue LOGIN button.
- Log in with your KU Online ID.
- Once logged in, on your iHawk Home page scroll down to "Requests" and click on the "ISS Check-in Checklist".
- Start with the "Orientation" section.
- Submit the "Orientation Registration" e-form. You should do this as soon as possible. Select your start term above for more detailed information about your registration options and benefits.
- Complete the e-forms under the "ISS Check-In" section on the checklist.
- Activate your KU Online ID
- Log into iHawk with your KU Online ID
- Checklists, e-forms
Navigation: After you login to iHawk, you will be on the Home page, where you need to scroll down to the "Requests" section and click on the "ISS Check-In Checklist" link to begin. On the checklist, you will start with the 'Orientation' section. After you finish with 'Orientation', you will complete the 'ISS Check-In' section.
e-forms: e-forms are the electronic forms that you must complete to provide ISS with your information or requests. Some forms are required. Some forms are optional. Some forms will only open after you complete other forms. Look at the icon next to the form to see if it is required for you.
Checklist: A checklist is a group of e-forms. You must complete all of the e-forms in a checklist that are required for you, and any optional e-form(s) that may apply to your situation. You must complete all forms that are required for you before you will be able to enroll in classes.
*Readmitted students are exempt from paying for ISO since they have paid in the past; however, they should still submit this form. They will be added to the online orientation course in order to receive information about how to remove holds, etc. They are also required to complete Check-Ins with ISS and Watkins Health Services.