Insurance Activation for Dependents
If you are enrolling in KU classes and would like to add a dependent to your 2019-2020 KU UnitedHealthcare StudentResources (UHCSR) insurance, you need to get a control number from UHCSR and ISS would need to submit a request to activate your student insurance plan during the insurance open enrollment period each semester. Once your insurance has been activated, you would log in to your UHCSR “My Account” and enroll your dependents. You would pay the insurance premium for your dependents directly to UHCSR. Please see ISS’ Insurance Rates and Dependent Options webpage for costs. (Your student insurance premium is still paid through your Enroll and Pay account with your tuition and fees.)
To have your insurance plan activated for the purpose of adding dependents to your spring 2020 insurance plan:
- Request a control number from UHCSR at www.uhcsr.com/control
- Submit the “Spring – Insurance Activation for Dependents” e-form at iHawk Services Login.
Open enrollment to add a dependent to your spring 2020 KU UHC Insurance plan is January 1, 2020 – January 31, 2020. UHCSR must receive payment for the dependent insurance before activating the dependent insurance.
ISS will process “Spring – Insurance Activation for Dependents” e-forms on Tuesday and Thursday each week in December and during the insurance open enrollment period. ISS MUST receive the “Spring 2020 – Insurance Activation for Dependents by January 30, 2020 to process your request prior to the end of the spring 2020 insurance open enrollment period.
• Enroll in spring 2020 classes.
• Request a UHCSR control number at www.uhcsr.com/control
• Log in to https://ihawk.ku.edu, with your KU online ID and password.
• Click on the “Insurance and Finances” Tab.
• Click on “Student Health Insurance”.
• And then click on “Spring –Insurance Activation for Dependents” e-form.
• Once you submit the online form, the ISS Insurance Team will verify you are enrolled in spring 2020 classes, send a request to UHCSR to activate your insurance plan.
• ISS will send an email confirming your spring 2020 KU UHCSR insurance plan has been activated.
• Log in to your UHCSR “My Account” and enroll your dependents.
• Pay UHCSR directly for your dependent’s insurance with a credit card.
• Once payment has been received by UHCSR, the insurance plan will be activated.
• Print insurance card for your dependent via your UHC “My Account”.
If you have questions or need additional information, please email email@example.com.