Optional Insurance for Summer 2017
Note: To be eligible to purchase the optional summer 2017 insurance you must meet one of the following:
- You were enrolled in KU classes in the Spring 2016 semester and had the KU UHC insurance.
- You are an F-1 student on OPT or a J-1 student on Academic Training (AT). *Do not do this form if you are enrolling in summer KU classes.
- You are an HCED or MOHESR sponsored student without dependents in the US. Use this form only if you are not enrolling in KU classes. If your Sponsor has agreed to pay for your insurance you will not receive the payment link described above. (Please let us know right away at firstname.lastname@example.org, if your sponsor has indicated they will not pay for your summer insurance.)
- You are an HCED or MOHESR sponsored student with dependents in the US, regardless if you are enrolling in KU classes, and your Sponsor has indicated they will pay for your dependents insurance. You will not receive the payment link described above. (If your sponsor has indicated they will not pay for you or your dependents insurance for summer, please let us know right way at email@example.com.)
- You had the GTA insurance plan in SPRING, will have a 50% GTA payroll appointment for four consecutive weeks during SUMMER (June 1-July 31.) and are not enrolling in summer KU classes. *Do not do this form if you are enrolling in Summer KU Classes, you will automatically be enrolled in summer insurance. If you had the GTA/GRA/GA insurance plan in Spring and DO NOT have a summer GTA/GRA/GA appointment, go to the HR Benefits page and request continuation insurance.
To enroll in the Summer 2017 KU UHC insurance plan, you will need to submit the “Summer - Request Optional Insurance ” e-form at iHawk Services Login by JUNE 22, 2017. (Note: After ISS submits your request to UHC to activate your Summer 2017 insurance plan, you will submit your insurance premium payment directly to UHC. Your insurance will not be activated until you pay.)
- Log into https://ihawk.ku.edu, with your KU online ID and password.
- Click on the “Insurance and Finances” Tab.
- Click on “Student Health Insurance”.
- And then click on “Summer - Request Optional Insurance Coverage through KU” e-form. Only do this form if you are not enrolling in KU Summer classes and are in the USA.
- Once you submit the online form, the ISS Insurance Team will review your request and, if you are eligible for this insurance coverage, your insurance enrollment will be sent to the UHC insurance company.
- UHC will send you a link to pay for optional insurance with a credit card.
- The payment link will only be active for 5 days.
- Once payment has been received by UHC, the insurance plan will be activated.
- The cost for Summer insurance is $232, and the effective dates are June 1 - July 31. NOTE: KU insurance policy dates for Spring are January 1-May 31, Summer are June 1-July 31, and for Fall are August 1-December 31. See Insurance Rates and Dependent Options for costs.
DEADLINE TO HAVE THE SUMMER 2017 KU UHC INSURANCE ACTIVATED IS THURSDAY, JUNE 22, 2017.