How to Complete OPT Reporting
Go to the iHawk website
- with your KU Online ID.
- Go to F-1 Practical Training and select “OPT (Post-Completion)".
- Complete and submit the appropriate report. You can submit the same E-Form multiple times as needed.
- If you are a performing artist reporting multiple gigs, or a self-employed business owner/contract worker, here are some reporting TIPS for special categories.
- For KU Online ID and login questions, contact KUIT directly.
- For OPT reporting requirement questions, review the OPT webpage section on Post-Comp OPT Reporting Requirements first. If you still have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org with "OPT Reporting Question" in the subject line.
Employers (for 17-month STEM OPT students only)
Please initiate the process of reporting the termination or departure of an employee who is on the 17-month STEM extension OPT, by emailing email@example.com. Please provide the following in the email:
- Subject: "Employer Report (STEM OPT Employment Termination/Departure)"
- Body of email: Employee’s full name and date of birth. Your name and email address.
Once we receive your email, we will send you an E-Form to complete the report for termination or departure.
Any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Employer OPT Reporting Question" in the subject line.