Where to Complete OPT Reporting
ISS recommends doing all reporting through iHawk. SEVP will give you an option to do some limited reporting through an SEVP Portal. The portal is optional and ISS discourages you from making reports directly to the government. Reports through iHawk will be reviewed by ISS for compliance before submitting updates to SEVIS. Also, ISS will automatically print a new I-20 when necessary.
- to iHawk with your KU Online ID.
- Go to F-1 Practical Training and select “OPT Reporting".
- Complete and submit the appropriate report. You can submit the same e-form multiple times as needed.
- If you are a performing artist reporting multiple gigs, or a self-employed business owner/contract worker, here are some reporting TIPS for special categories.
- For KU Online ID and login questions, contact KUIT directly.
- For OPT reporting requirement questions, review the OPT webpage section on Post-Comp OPT Reporting Requirements first. If you still have questions, email email@example.com with "OPT Reporting Question" in the subject line.
Employers (for STEM OPT students only)
Any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Employer OPT Reporting Question" in the subject line.