Optional Insurance for Fall 2017
Note: To be eligible to purchase the optional fall 2017 insurance you must meet one of the following:
- You are a F-1 student on OPT or a J-1 student on Academic Training (AT). *Do not do this form if you are enrolling in fall KU classes.
- You are an HCED or MOHESR sponsored student with dependents in the US, regardless if you are enrolling in KU classes, and your Sponsor has indicated they will pay for your dependent's insurance. You will not receive the payment link described above. (If your sponsor has indicated they will not pay for you or your dependents insurance for fall, please let us know right way at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
To enroll in the Fall 2017 KU UHC insurance plan, you will need to submit the “Fall - Request Optional Insurance ” e-form at iHawk Services Login by July 26, 2017 for coverage to begin on August 1, 2017. (Note: After ISS submits your request to UHC to activate your Fall 2017 insurance plan, you will submit your insurance premium payment directly to UHC. Your insurance will not be activated until you pay.)
- Log into https://ihawk.ku.edu, with your KU online ID and password.
- Click on the “Insurance and Finances” Tab.
- Click on “Student Health Insurance”.
- And then click on “Fall - Request Optional Insurance Coverage through KU” e-form. Only do this form if you are not enrolling in KU Fall classes and are in the USA.
- Once you submit the online form, the ISS Insurance Team will review your request and, if you are eligible for this insurance coverage, your insurance enrollment will be sent to the UHC insurance company.
- UHC will send you a link to pay for optional insurance with a credit card.
- The payment link will only be active for 5 days.
- Once payment has been received by UHC, the insurance plan will be activated.
- The cost for Fall insurance is $610, Spring 2018 is $610, and Summer 2018 is $244. NOTE: KU insurance policy dates for Spring are January 1-May 31, Summer are June 1-July 31, and for Fall are August 1-December 31. See Insurance Rates and Dependent Options for costs.
DEADLINE TO HAVE THE FALL 2017 KU UHC INSURANCE ACTIVATED BY AUGUST 1 IS JULY 26, 2017.
Note: Open enrollment to add a dependent to your Fall 2017 KU UHC Insurance plan is August 1, 2017 – August 31, 2017. UHC must receive payment for the dependent insurance before activating the dependent insurance. ISS MUST receive the “Fall – Insurance Activation for Dependents by August 30, 2017 to process your request prior to the end of the open enrollment period.