One to three months before your arrival date at KU, you will receive an email from ISS with instructions to login to iHawk. In iHawk, you will complete the required e-forms to register for the “YOU at KU - International” Orientation and begin uploading documents for your ISS Check-in process.
Register for the "YOU at KU - International" Orientation
All undergraduate students regardless of their immigration status are required to participate in the "YOU at KU - International" Orientation (registration is required). All graduate students in F-1 or J-1 status must participate in "YOU at KU - International" Orientation.
- After receiving the registration email from ISS, go to iHawk. Click for iHawk basics.
- Click on the blue LOGIN button.
- Login with your KU Online ID. Having iHawk login problems?
- Start with "Getting Started".
- Once your "Basic Information" e-form is complete, proceed to the "Orientation" tab.
- Submit the "Orientation Registration" e-form. You should do this as soon as possible. Select your start term above for more detailed information about your registration options and benefits.
- Complete the e-forms on the ISS Check-in tab.
The Summer 2019 “YOU at KU - International” Orientation is a multiple day program designed to ease your transition to the U.S. and KU.
Important Summer 2019 dates:
|Registration Deadline||Start Date||Registration Day||Classes Begin|
|Sunday, May 19, 2019||Tuesday, May 28, 2019
*If in F-1 or J-1 status you must enter the U.S. by this date
|Wednesday, May 29, 2019
*The day "YOU at KU - International" begins
|Tuesday, June 4, 2019
*You must complete all of your Check-Ins before you can enroll in your classes!
There are no official orientation housing options during the Summer “YOU at KU - International” Orientation.
The below hotel has agreed to a special rate for our international student orientation participants.
Quality Inn (+001-785-842-5100)
801 Iowa St, Lawrence, KS 66049
- Single Room: $54.95 + tax per night*
- Shared Room (2 person max): $64.95 + tax per night*
- You must identify yourself as an international student coming for orientation
What is Registration Day?
Registration Day is the first day of your “YOU at KU - International” Orientation. You will pick up your name tag, schedule, welcome packet and KU ID Card.
When is it?
Wednesday, May 29, 2019 from 9:30 - 10:30am by appointment*
Where is it?
Anschutz Library, 1301 Hoch Auditoria Dr, Lawrence, KS 66045*
*You will receive an email indicating your specific appointment time by May 22 (after the registration deadline).
Plan to arrive to Lawrence in time to attend registration. If delayed, report immediately to the International Support Services Office, Strong Hall, Rm 2 (open Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm).
Orientation includes 2 evening meals and a lunch for participants who register by May 20.
Meals not provided by orientation will be your responsibility. However, you will have access to campus dining facilities, local grocery stores and restaurants.
Visit our transportation page for transportation options from the Kansas City airport to Lawrence.
- Yellow (not gold) lots on the parking map are free from May 14 until June 4.
- Purchase a permit to park on campus starting June 5.
- Park in the Mississippi Street parking garage next to the Kansas Union for $1.75 for the first hour and $1.50 for each additional hour. Pay as you exit.
|Print your orientation brochure and arrival guide!|
What is "YOU at KU - International" Orientation?
"YOU at KU - International" is a multiple day orientation program that takes place each August (Fall semester), January (Spring semester), and May/June (Summer semester). It is designed to ease your transition into the United States and the University of Kansas. Participants complete all required check-ins, enjoy fun social events, and become better acquainted with the University of Kansas.
|From making friends to enrolling in classes, learn more about everything you will do during “You at KU - International”!|
Students who are exempt from the "YOU at KU - International" orientation are still required to attend the mandatory check-ins. Please review Arrival and Check-in instructions corresponding to your exemption category below.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Activate your KU Online ID
- Log into iHawk with your KU Online ID
- Tabs, e-forms, Checklists
Tabs : After you login to iHawk, you will automatically be on the tab where you need to begin. For most students, you will start on the ‘Get Started’ tab. After you finish with ‘Get Started’ you will complete the tabs ‘Orientation’ and ‘ISS Check-In’. The ‘Completed’ tab will show you your progress.
e-forms: e-forms are the electronic forms that you must complete to provide ISS with your information or requests. Some forms are required. Some forms are optional. Some forms will only open after you complete other forms. Look at the icon next to the form to see if it is required for you.
Checklist : A checklist is a group of e-forms. You must complete all of the e-forms in a checklist that are required for you, and any optional e-form(s) that may apply to your situation. You must complete all forms that are required for you before you will be able to enroll in classes.