Insurance Activation for Dependents
If you are enrolling in KU classes for the summer semester and would like to add a dependent to your Summer 2017 KU UHC insurance, ISS would need to submit a request to UnitedHealthcare (UHC) to activate your student summer insurance early. Once your insurance has been activated, you would log into your UHC “My Account” and enroll your dependents. You would pay the insurance premium for your dependents directly to UHC. Please see ISS’ Insurance Rates and Dependent Options webpage for costs. (Your student insurance premium is still paid through your Enroll and Pay account with your tuition and fees.)
To have your summer insurance activated for the purpose of adding dependents to your insurance plan, you need to submit the “Summer – Insurance Activation for Dependents” e-form at iHawk Services Login by MAY 24, 2017 to ensure your dependent’s insurance coverage date is June 1, 2017 – July 31, 2017.
- Enroll in Summer 2017 classes.
- Log into https://ihawk.ku.edu, with your KU online ID and password.
- Click on the “Insurance and Finances” Tab.
- Click on “Student Health Insurance”.
- And then click on “Summer –Insurance Activation for Dependents” e-form.
- Once you submit the online form, the ISS Insurance Team will verify you are enrolled in summer 2017 classes, send a request to UHC to activate your spring insurance plan.
- ISS will send an email confirming your Summer 2017 KU UHC insurance plan has been activated.
- Log into your UHC “My Account” and enroll your dependents.
- Pay UHC directly for your dependent’s insurance with a credit card.
- Once payment has been received by UHC, the insurance plan will be activated.
- Print insurance card for your dependent via your UHC “My Account”.
Note: Open enrollment to add a dependent to your Spring 2017 KU UHC Insurance plan is January 1, 2017 – January 31, 2017. UHC must receive payment for the dependent insurance before activating the dependent insurance. ISS MUST receive the “Spring – Insurance Activation for Dependents by January 23, 2017 to process your request prior to end of the open enrollment period.
If you have questions or need additional information, please email email@example.com.