Download the Global Partners Handbook.
Global Partners is an exciting and unique way to build friendships, expand your global knowledge, and partake in service opportunities to make KU and the entire world better.
How does it work?
- Global Partners pairs American and International members of the KU community, based upon their cultural and social interests.
- Global Partners runs on the semester schedule. You can sign up for one semester at a time.
- Each global partnership is expected to spend time together engaging in fun activities, like dining, sporting, watching movies, etc.
- Global Partners sponsors events that each global partnership is encouraged to attend. These include attending a sports game, enjoying coffee and tea, and volunteering in the Lawrence community.
How do I get GAP (Global Awareness Program) credit?
Meet with your partner individually for a minimum of three hours each month.
Attend at least two Global Partners events a semester.
What are the benefits of Global Partners?
- Build long-lasting friendships.
- Share your culture and learn firsthand about the culture of your global partner.
- Earn 30 credit points towards your Global Awareness Program Certification.
- Practice your language skills.