International Student Services-Edwards Campus
The following information only applies to students who have been admitted to a program at the KU Edwards Campus in Overland Park. Most students are admitted to the main KU campus in Lawrence.
The KU Edwards Campus welcomes our international student population and offers individual assistance through the new student process. The following is information regarding Check-ins & Hold Removal for Edwards Campus admitted international students. All new and readmitted international students will have three basic HOLDS that must be removed before they can enroll. These holds are for the Applied English Center, International Student Services, and Watkins Health Services.
All admitted international students must complete the following required check-ins before you are allowed to enroll. Completion of each “check-in” results in the removal of the corresponding HOLD.
All KU Edwards International Students need to set up an intake appointment with Lisa Browning by contacting her at email@example.com and 913-897-8539. At this appointment the following check-ins will be addressed:
Please bring your immigration documents to this appointment; however, your ISS hold will not be removed until an ISS advisor reviews them during Orientation
- *Please note that if you are in F-1 or J-1 status you must either attend a staying legal presentation in person during the Lawrence “You at KU -- International” orientation or you may also complete it online. Information on completing the online staying legal will be given when you log into your iHawk portal.
Tuberculosis screening MRR Immunizations are required for all International students. The KU Tuberculosis Screening policies can be found at: http://studenthealth.ku.edu/immunization-compliance
There are two different orientations: Edwards Campus Orientation and the “YOU at KU - International" Orientation at the Lawrence campus.
- KU Edwards Orientation: Newly admitted Edwards Campus international students must attend orientation at the KU Edwards campus. At orientation you will meet with a representative from your program, learn about campus support services for students, have your immigration documents reviewed, and enroll in classes. Information can be found at: http://edwardscampus.ku.edu/new-student-orientation.
- “YOU at KU -- International” Orientation: Students in F-1 or J-1 status are also required to attend the Lawrence “YOU at KU -- International” Orientation. Other Edwards Campus students are strongly encouraged to attend the Lawrence “You at KU -- International” orientation if they wish.
- If you are planning to attend the “YOU at KU -- International” orientation, you should arrive to the Lawrence campus by the date listed on this page: http://iss.ku.edu/plan-your-trip
- If you are not planning to attend the “YOU at KU -- International” orientation, you must attend the Edwards Campus Orientation and work with Lisa Browning to arrange your intake appointment.
- IMPORTANT: For F-1/J-1 students, check the program start date on your I-20 ("Program of Study" section) / DS-2019 (item 3). You can enter the US up to 30-days prior to this date, but no later than this program start date.
International student tuition and fees are determined through the KU residency process. This will be discussed during your intake appointment. Please be prepared to bring the following documents with you to assist with this process:
- Kansas driver's license
- Car registration
- Most recent state and federal income tax
- Resident Alien Card OR Visa and I-94 (non-US citizens only)
A reminder: the information on this page only applies to students who have been admitted to a program at the KU Edwards Campus in Overland Park. Most students are admitted to the main KU campus in Lawrence.