What is a KU ID Number and a KU Online ID?
Your KU ID Number is your student identification number that was assigned to you upon admission. This is a seven-digit number that you will use often during your time at KU.
- It looks something like this: 7654321.
Your KU Online ID is different from your KU ID Number. Your online ID gives you access to computers on campus, internet services, online library services, iHawk and the Enroll & Pay system. It is a combination of letters and digits. Your first initial followed by 3 random digits then your second initial followed by another set of 3 random digits.
- It looks something like this: z123a765.
- You may view your KUID number when you log into your application account. Log in with the username and password you created when you started your account. Expand the information for your submitted application and click View Your Decision.
- Your KUID number is in the Decision Email you got from the Graduate Admissions office.
Applied English Center (ESL only) Students
- Your KUID number is on your admission letter from the Applied English Center.
Academic Accelerator Program (AAP) Students
- Your KUID number is on your admission letter.
- Your KUID number is listed on the Official Admission Letter.
After admission, set up Your KU Online ID.
KU’s IT office has a website with Screen Shots and Instructions.
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you write down your KU online ID and memorize your password.
Also remember the answers you provided for the challenge questions. If you forget your password, you will be asked for the answers you provided to the challenge questions.
If you need assistance, please contact IT Customer Support. Phone: 785-864-8080